As of April 1, 2021 this group returns to in-person only meetings. If you are looking for a virtual group, please try our NAMI Family Support Group on 4th Thursdays from 7 to 8 p.m.
- Walk-ins welcome – no advance registration needed. No charge to attendees.
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Do not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
About our Facilitators:
NAMI facilitators use a nationally-designed model for the group. These facilitators are family education instructors or graduates of a NAMI family education class specializing in youth. They, too, have experience with a young family member living with a mental health condition. These trained family members volunteer for NAMI with the hope of supporting other families with lived experience.