- In-person option. Walk-ins welcome – no advance registration needed. Meet at Mighty Fortress Church, 4605 3rd Street, Moline, Ill. 61265. (Across from Robert Young Center, Moline.)
- Virtual option. Please register here for Monday, December 20 and we will send you a Zoom link. Your privacy is important to us. No recordings of this group is allowed.
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Do not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
About our Facilitators:
NAMI facilitators use a nationally-designed model for the group. These facilitators are family education instructors or graduates of a NAMI family education class specializing in youth. They, too, have experience with a young family member living with a mental health condition. These trained family members volunteer for NAMI with the hope of supporting other families with lived experience.