This group is virtual.
This is a specialized NAMI Family Support Group offered by NAMI volunteer parents of youth. It is open to parents, grandparents, foste
r parents or caregivers of a youth showing signs or symptoms of a mental health condition. 1st and 3rd Mondays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. No charge to attendees.
- Virtual option. Please register with button above and we will send you a Zoom link. Your privacy is important to us. No recordings of this group is allowed.
NAMI Family Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Do not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
About our Facilitators:
NAMI facilitators use a nationally-designed model for the group. These facilitators are family education instructors or graduates of a NAMI family education class specializing in youth. They, too, have experience with a young family member living with a mental health condition. These trained family members volunteer for NAMI with the hope of supporting other families with lived experience.
NAMI does not provide counseling or therapy. Our family support and education programs complement the help you receive from healthcare and social work providers.