- 1st, 3rd and 5th Mondays meet in person – Mighty Fortress Community Church, 4605 3rd Street Moline. (Across street from Robert Young Center.) Walk-ins welcome – no advance registration needed.
- 2nd and 4th Mondays meet virtually. Advance registration required to provide Zoom link.
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Do not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
About our Facilitators:
NAMI facilitators use a nationally-designed model for the group. These facilitators are family education instructors or graduates of a NAMI family education class specializing in youth. They, too, have experience with a young family member living with a mental health condition. These trained family members volunteer for NAMI with the hope of supporting other families with lived experience.