- This event has passed.
Registration Now Open for NAMI Homefront
September 20 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 8:00am on day 20 of the month, repeating until September 20, 2018
One event on October 1, 2018 at 8:00am
This is a free, six-session program for military and veteran Service Member Families. The class is adapted from a national program designed to help family members understand and support a loved one living with a mental health condition, while maintaining their own well-being. This class specifically focuses on the unique needs of military and veteran families.
The course is taught by peers — other family members who have “been there” and understand what you may now be experiencing. This course is promoted by the Veterans Administration under a national Memorandum of Understanding with NAMI. Please register and a teacher will contact you prior to the start of class.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER HERE: NAMI Homefront Flyer Fall 2018 @ WIU
The course is offered on 6 Mondays from October 15 to November 19 at Western Illinois University, Quad Cities Complex, 3300 River Drive in Moline, Ill. Riverfront Hall – Room 118. Call NAMI to register: M-F 10 to 2 at 563-386-7477 Ext. 266.
NAMI Homefront teaches you how to:
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
- Develop the confidence and stamina to support your family member with compassion
- Identify and access federal, state and local services
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including posttraumatic stress disorder and substance abuse
- Understand current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family