- Early detection is key.
- Recovery is possible.
- You are not alone!
For Parents and Caregivers
This 6-session, free program is for parent supporters and caregivers of children, adolescents and young adults who have either been diagnosed with a mental health disorder or who are experiencing symptoms but have not yet been diagnosed. This is not a replacement for treatment or a mental health professional.
- Available on demand.
- Coming soon – in-person for Muscatine, Iowa. Add your name here for future program information.
Course Topics Include
- The biology of mental illness
- The latest research, advances in treatment and overview of treatment options
- The impact of a child’s mental illness on the rest of the family members
- An overview of the systems of care for children and high school teens (NOTE: adult child topics are covered in Family-to-Family program.)
Meet other caregivers locally using the button below!
NAMI Greater Mississippi Valley
We are the local chapter of NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness), a grassroots organization dedicated to educating everyone – from young people to mature adults – that mental health conditions are treatable and recovery is possible. The earlier they are detected, the better. Early detection, treatment and recovery aren’t just for cancer patients. They are for us, too.