This is a 90-minute seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN …
The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics.
– Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
– Effective communication strategies
– The importance of self-care
– Crisis preparation strategies
– NAMI and community resources
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES …
Once you’ve attended our seminar, we’ll send you Family & Friends companion eBook at no charge. It provides important information about mental health conditions including: conditions and diagnoses, treatment and recovery, crisis planning, resources and more.