- This event has passed.
Virtual Caregiver of Youth Support Group
November 2, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm| Free
This group is open to residents of all counties in eastern Iowa and western Illinois.
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Do not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one’s fault and can be traumatic experiences
About our Facilitators:
NAMI facilitators use a nationally-designed model for the group. These facilitators are family education instructors or graduates of a NAMI family education class specializing in youth. They, too, have experience with a young family member living with a mental health condition. These trained family members volunteer for NAMI with the hope of supporting other families with lived experience.