NAMI Basics is a class for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents who have either been diagnosed with a mental health condition or who are experiencing symptoms but have not yet been diagnosed. A nationally-developed program taught by trained volunteers who have lived experience with children. Duration is 6 weeks. Cost is Free.
Foster parent CEU credits are available for Iowa and Illinois.
- A special class is offered in with the support of Four Oaks and Family Resources. NAMI Basics Flier 2019 1Q Scott County Register Here.
- A special class is offered in with the support of Foster Hope – QC Area. NAMI Basics Henry County Register Here.
Course Topics include
- The biology of mental illness
- The latest research, advances in treatment and an overview of treatment options
- The impact of a child’s mental illness on the rest of the family
- An overview of the systems of care for children and teens living with mental illness