For Service Member Families
This is an adaptation of NAMI Family-to-Family class designed for active duty and veteran service member families. NAMI and the Veterans Administration work cooperatively to offer this education class at no cost to family members and caregivers of an adult loved one living with PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury, or other mental health conditions. The course was originally developed with the help of the United States Army.
Our thanks to the Rock Island Arsenal Welcome Club for supporting NAMI Homefront.
Take an online class. Register Here.
- Manage crises, solve problems and communicate effectively
- Learn to care for yourself, including managing your stress
- Develop the confidence and stamina to support your family member with compassion
- Identify and access federal, state and local services
- Stay informed on the latest research and information on mental health, including posttraumatic stress disorder and substance abuse
- Understand current treatments, including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects
- Navigate the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on the entire family